I’m a sole trader. Can I claim R&D tax credits?

No, R&D tax credits can only be claimed by companies liable to pay Corporation Tax. Sole traders do not pay UK Corporation Tax so sole traders can’t claim R&D Tax Credits.

See other FAQs
Suggestion icon

To know more about the advantages of R&D tax credits you can run through our guide R&D tax credits explained which explains the process and helps you understand R&D claims.

F6S can help with your R&D claim